I-O 5730e SCS Printer Gateway for AS/400, iSeries, eServer i5 & S/390 – zSeries
Part Number: 5730e
I-O 5730e SCS Printer Gateway is a high speed Ethernet-in,
Ethernet-out print server designed to convert native IBM AS/400 iSeries
or S390 zSeries print jobs to PCL, allowing them to be printed on one
I-O 5730e SCS-only Printer Gateway
is a high speed Ethernet-in, ethernet-out SCS gateway
print server designed to convert native IBM host print
jobs to PCL, allowing them to be printed by a laser
printer on the LAN. Supporting one printer, the 5730e
delivers IBM SCS printing via TCP/IP, providing the
control and printer feedback found in an IBM host
- Connects one PCL 5e compatible
Ethernet capable laser printer
- Supports standard Host printing using SCS
- High speed printing - up to 300 pages per minute
- 10 / 100 Mbps Ethernet LAN, auto sensing
- Multiple Host support (AS/400 iSeries, Mainframe
zSeries, Windows, Unix)
- Multiple LAN protocols (SNA, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX,
- Host printing via Telnet (TN5250e and TN3270E),
SNA (APPC) or AnyNet
- Simple, one step set-up (auto configuration) when
using TN5250e or TN3270e
- Host controlled printing, including error
reporting, page range printing etc.
- I-O's award winning IBM AFP/IPDS and SCS printer
- Increases print speeds
- Easy to install and use, includes I-O's
PrintControl™ utility software
Supported Protocols for IBM AS/400, iSeries,
- eServer i5 or S/390 zSeries printing:
SNA (APPC)Supported IBM SCS Printer
- 5225,5225,5256Supported Printers:
- Port 9100, PJL unsolicited messages
- PCL 3/5e compatible laser printersSystem
AS/400, iSeries or eServer i5
- OS/400 Release 3.1 or higher
Mainframe (OS/390 or MVS)
- PSF/MVS Version 2.2.0 with APR OW15599
- MVS Scheduler with APRA 0212236
- TCP/IP Version 3 Release 1 or higher
Supported Protocols for LAN (ASCII) printing:
- TCP/IP (LPD/LPR)
- Novell IPX/SPX
- I-O TCP/IP DirectPort? Printing (Windows
- ME Peer-to-peer)Supported LAN (ASCII)
- Novell (NDS, bindery, PSERVER, RPRINTER)
- Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP
- Windows for Workgroups
- OS/2 Warp, OS/2
- UNIXFLASH MemorySNMP CompliantSupported
Ethernet Frame Types:
- IEEE 802.2, 802.3, Ethernet II,
SNAPSupported Ethernet Media:
- 10BaseT, 100BaseT (auto-sensing)
- 1 IEEE 1284 bi-directional Centronics
- Must use IEEE 1284 Cable (not to exceed 6
100-240V (IEC) Auto-Switching Power Supply
I-O PrintControl utility for easy configuration
|High Speed Printing, 100+ ppm
||The I-O 5730e takes advantage
of high-speed, high-performance printers without the bottleneck of the
|SCS printing over
||Standard SCS host print jobs
can be seamlessly printed over a LAN.
|Enhanced Telnet 5250
(TN5250e)and Telnet 3270 (TN3270e)
||Communicates with the IBM Host using native
|True Print Complete
||Users are notified when the print job is
finished taking the guess work out of printing.
||Printing can be done on both sides of a
page. The full functionality of a duplex printer can be utilized.
|Page Offset Functions
||Provides more flexibility in page
positioning with no need to modify host applications.
|Supports over 100 AFP/IPDS
||There are more fonts to choose from than
other AFP/IPDS interfaces.
|On-board FLASH Memory
||Allows for field upgrades providing the
latest new features from I-O.
|Printer error reporting to the
||Prevents loss of host print data by
providing the same level of print status reporting as a twinax or coax
|Page range printing
||Permits users to print select page ranges
from large documents and reports.
|Off-loading of Data Conversion
||Eliminates unnecessary overhead by
converting EBCDIC data to ASCII data directly on the I-O 5735e.
|True IBM printer emulations
||Permits full-function host printing on the
attached LAN printer.
||Maximizes printer utilization by supporting
concurrent printing not only from the host but from Novell, Windows,
OS/2, UNIX, etc.
|10BaseT and 100BaseT
||Provides versatility in attaching to LANs
at different speeds.
||Installs in minutes.
|Powerful RISC processor
||Takes advantage of the LAN printer's
maximum print speed even when processing IBM Host jobs.